Katarsis,Theater and Nature
Katarsis,Theater and Nature – ERASMUS+ The European Commission has launched the new programme for Education, Training and Youth starting in January 2014:
Erasmus + replaces the Lifelong Learning Programme and also its actions Comenius and Grundtvig: http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus Some important changes have been introduced with the action K1 addressed to training and mobility of teachers. The main change is the new procedure to get a grant and attend an In Service Training Course or Event abroad (IST). There is no more a distinction between Comenius/Grundtvig schools and the action is open to all educational institutions. But teachers will not apply anymore directly to the National Agency but to their school managers choosing destination and type of the course. Then the school, in the frame of a mobility project, will submit an application to the National Agency and will get the grants for their teachers.
Since the first edition of this workshop in May of 2012, we have received many requests to repeat it.
The requests mainly came from people who’s friends have attended it.
Enough said, here it is again.
Why this workshop ?
It is very popular these days to use term Nature and to propagate and sell anything related to it. Why ? Is it just a fashion ? Why more and more people living in urban areas are suddenly attracted to Nature ? What is that they are missing ? And maybe even more importantly, will that what’s missing come from Nature with just sitting in the forrest ? Or it should come from within one’s own Nature ? Or is it the both ? ……. What are the best ways of discovering your own Nature ?
There are many possible answers to these questions. We do not claim to have all the answers BUT, what we have is almost a decade long experience in searching for those answers (Here at Fatalamanga) and a decades long practice in Theater, Music and Art. We are the ones who left big cities we used to live in (New York, Paris etc) looking for the answers.
This workshop is aimed for curious people, those looking to step out of their daily routine and take a look on their place in the world from a distance.
About the workshop – Katarsis,Theater and Nature
This workshop for the major part combines Theater training and contact with Nature. The actor uses the whole of his being as a tool of communication, therefore the same methods of training used by actors can be used by anyone who wants to improve their existential condition. The actor firstly needs to look deeply at itself order to be able to do so. It is an old idea of ‘Theater as Katarsis’ and as an instrument of social integration.
This whole workshop is enriched by experiences of en plein air and ancient farming traditions (the preparation of cheese, bread, etc), with focus on organic food in a context of sustainability.
The workshop is open to all adults, beneficiaries of Erasmus KA1 program from EU countries
The expected participant group are people who love Theater and Nature, non-professional actors as well as those just curious and willing to experience something new.
Participants will all work together in a perspective of collective growth
We expect maximum 20 and minimum of 8 participants per workshop which will be held once a mount
(see the dates below)
The workshop includes following Activities – Katarsis,Theater and Nature
• Breathing exercises, based on methodology of “Art of Living” (gains improvement of concentration and listening abilities).
• Theater training, Listen to the surroundings, overcome the limits and barriers that block your authentic being, connect with the primordial energy.
• Workshops (preparation of bread, cheese, using the ancient techniques of local tradition)
• Group Theater Training (aimed to facilitate the communication with the others, the integration within a group, the overcoming of shyness and aggressiveness)
• Theater Dance, listen to the music, explore your body movement potentials, physical contact with other bodies, enjoy the cerebral benefits of music.
• Improvisational Theater exercises
• Study of the sounds; different idioms and the ways those idiom sounds could be used in drama, the training aim is the experimentation of a non-verbal communication method and the reciprocal learning of the sounds of each different idiom
• Construction of paper-masks
As for accommodation, you’ll have two options.
First option is to let us arrange everything, lodging, meals and all transportation during the course
for € 640
( contact us for details)
Second option is that you arrange it all on your own
Each training session is 7 days
(9 days including day of arrival and day of departure)
The course fee is € 490
At the end of the workshop there will be a photo exhibition, with the photos taken during the workshop
with a Theater performance open to the public
Expected outcome for participants:
• Improved capacity for social integration
• Improved listening-communication skills
• Overcomes of shyness and fear
• Knowledge of local traditions and cultural integration between different European cultures
• Awareness of the idea of sustainability with respect for nature and natural food
• Respect for people with special needs